
\I've gotten very creative these days! There is no way i would spend $15 on a dog coat.. as i already rarely spend more than 10bux on a T-shirt for myself! Plus, all the doggy cloths at the Petstore i deem obselete as the material is usually too thin, or Flint doesn't fit the sizes (she is somwehre between a medium and a small). SO i went to a children's store where they sold used clothes for $1 and i modified it for her :) ..(using my knowledge of anatomy of the dog hehehe... ) No, its not that difficult really: I just cut off the sleeves, sewed it close, then I cut holes where a persons breasts are for the dog's legs.. And finally resewed the sleeves back on in their new location. And to prevent the body of the sweater to droop (as a dogs waist is usually tucked up) I tied a band of fabric around her waist (later i will resew this smaller or modify velcro strap onto it)
Below: This dog coat is the work of my friend Kelly. She hates putting dog booties on so she took the sleeves off a child's pJ's, sewed one end close and sewed it to a doggie vest. This way you just plop the dog into one body suit!
Top: Yup, she can still poop =P
wow, nice designs, good work!
ReplyDelete